Compensation: $110,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Investment Management Company is seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join their team. The Financial Reporting Analyst primarily assists the team with timely and accurate reporting to external parties, as well as the funds’ consolidation and management of monthly close processes; development and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies/procedures for both GAAP and regulatory reporting; and the identification and sourcing of solutions in data gaps.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Responsible for the consolidation process and master fund reconciliation.
- Prepare the month-end closing for multiple management company entities.
- Arrange master fund quarterly analytics and annual financial statement variance analytics.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audit, including responding to information requests from external auditors; find opportunities to streamline audit processes and requests.
- Assist with regulatory monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual filings. As well as the preparation of the financial documents and footnotes for the master fund and the management companies.
- Support with reviewing feeder funds’ financial documents and footnotes.
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Flexible approach to meet the changing needs of the team.
- Identify and make suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work, specifically with data gaps needed for various accounting and reporting matters.
- Complete various ad hoc projects and analyses to support the Finance group.
- 5+ years of experience in a Financial Reporting or Technical Accounting Role, (e.g. preferably public accounting background and/or private accounting background).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of data in an efficient manner.
- Proven analytical skills and judgment – strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical proficiency with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills).
- Capability to multi-task as well as meet short targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work as part of a team to meet project time frames.
- Proven understanding or familiarity with accounting for different types of financial instruments, including derivatives.
- Familiarity with Oracle is a plus.
- CPA is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.