Compensation: $175,000-$200,000 + bonus
Location: Position could sit in NYC, NY or Charleston, SC
The Senior Director of Tax is responsible for managing, advising, and leading on tax matters as part of the Enterprise Tax Service Team to assist the business teams within the organization.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Engages and oversees third-party tax advisors on deal structuring, acquisition due diligence, dispositions, and investor tax reporting.
- Coordinates with and supports legal and business teams on transactions as well as leading investor tax relations with senior stakeholders on complex tax matters with both internal and external partners.
- Oversees and manages local tax functions and risks in accordance with the company's Global Tax Policy.
- Oversees external tax advisor fees and manages related tax budgets.
- Coordinates with external tax advisors to assess new tax legislation and provide guidance on applicability to the company's Development team.
- Ensures all income tax matters are addressed timely and accurately for real estate transactions, ongoing compliance, and corporate matters as they relate to the business teams.
- Coordinates with external tax advisors for the preparation of quarterly investor income tax forecasts, estimated income tax payments, tax withholding on dividends/distributions, etc.
- Manages and reviews the quarterly tax provision prepared by the external advisor.
- Coordinates with external advisors to manage tax audits, notices, and dispute management.
- Provides income tax budgets and accruals to the Accounting teams quarterly / annually for both the corporate entities and investment JVs.
- 8-15 years of experience.
- Experience with Public Tax with Real Estate.
- Experience in Real Estate Private Equity.
- Experience with public/private from a Real Estate Firm.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.