Compensation: $85,000-$90,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Development Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Assistant Controller in providing accounting services and reporting support to development managers. The Senior Development Accountant will maintain the general ledger and ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting and recognition.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review the general ledger monthly and quarterly to ensure proper GAAP recording of income, expense, and balance sheet items for all acquisitions, land, and development projects.
- Complete the development accounting close for development pipeline buildings and land held for development.
- Act as an accounting liaison to regional development managers, providing assistance and training as needed.
- Prepare and/or review all monthly development and land loan draws and attend draw meetings.
- Work with development managers to ensure that projections of final costs and yields are accurately reflected.
- Collaborate with development managers in the creation of a monthly cash forecast for all development projects.
- Set up pre-development and development project jobs and monitor related budgets.
- Review data in the Land/Development information database and ensure data is updated accurately and timely.
- Work with the assistant controller to prepare monthly and quarterly reports for all development information stakeholders.
- Review lease documents to ensure proper accounting and input into the accounting system.
- Review and approve invoices related to development, land, and pre-development projects for proper approvals and reasonableness.
- Ensure that proper approvals are obtained for all budgets, draws, and contractors requisitions for all pre-development, land, and development projects.
- Obtain and review leasing assumptions and assist in the review of the quarterly forecast and annual budget.
- Work with development accountant(s) providing training and guidance when necessary.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in public accounting, real estate, or construction general ledger experience.
- Yardi experience, specifically in the job cost module is a plus.
- Prior experience mentoring staff is a plus.
- Self-starter, but can function effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.