Location: New York, NY
Global institutional alternative asset management firm is seeking a Senior Accountant. Under the direction of the Management Company Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of support accounting functions.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Lead areas of general ledger close and fulfill monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Conduct the review of journal entries and account reconciliations completed by junior accounting staff.
- Prepare consolidated income statements, balance sheets, statement of cash flows, and footnote information.
- Conduct research on technical accounting matters.
- Lead annual budget and quarterly reforecast.
- Conduct the review of budgeted amounts completed by junior accounting staff.
- Analyze variances of actual and budgeted data.
- Train and supervise accounting staff.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Brainstorm and implement process improvements
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Public/Private Accounting.
- CPA (preferred).
- Management or Corporate Accounting experience.
- Payroll and Alteryx experience is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.