Compensation: $95,000-$115,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Private Equity fund is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team. This specific role sits in a stand-alone group that runs the Aviation business, which is very different and exciting. The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the accounting team in executing the accounting close and assisting with public reporting.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly operating company-level financials.
- Prepare management reporting package for each quarter 10-Q or annual 10-K.
- Record monthly G/L journal entries.
- Improve processes and reporting packages; develop controls.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A to provide operating details, management reporting, and forecasts.
- Work directly with the auditors to support quarterly and annual financial statements and prepare subsidiary stand-alone.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA is preferred.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience at a top accounting firm, with strong operating company/GAAP experience.
- Experience in close and reporting environments with G/L responsibilities.
- High technical proficiency with MS Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, independent, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to learn and understand functions quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with Senior Management.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.