A new tax role
2 positions open; manager level, but will look at a senior manager
State and local Tax,Sales Tax application experience of Avalara and Vertex, Indirect tax processes, tax research
Big 4 required
Salary is FMV, but aiming for 135k – 150k and a 10% bonus
seeks a highly motivated individual to direct and manage it’s team of tax managers, senior associates and associates in a fast-paced and tax technically challenging work environment. consults with some of the largest and smallest clients in the world on technical accounting and tax matters. Its’s unique client base of venture backed privately held companies to global multi-billion dollar fortune 500 Companies provides for a unique environment for highly motived self-starters to continue and enhance their careers.
This position reports directly to the Partner-in-Charge of Tax and will require an in-depth knowledge of corporate state income tax, indirect taxes and state compliance. The individual in this position should have a proven record of building successful tax teams, and working closely with executive and operational leadership both within CFGI and within the “C” Suite of executives that are
- Review stand-alone and consolidated state “C-Corp” income tax returns prepared by tax managers and other tax staff.
- Assist with planning and other special projects.
- Establish relationships with internal and external tax personnel;
- Experience and interest in developing and mentoring junior team members.
- A track rack record of successful business development experience a plus
- Knowledge of evaluation process and enhancement of client’s Indirect tax processes and/or systems
- Possess a deep knowledge of state and local tax sales and use tax laws and regulations
- Experience with planning, restructuring, audit defense, reverse audits and controversy work
- Experience with Sales Tax software applications such as Avalara and Vertex.
- Ability to conduct tax research related to consolidated/unitary filing requirements, apportionment methodologies, and various multi-state issues.
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
- Minimum of 5+ years of broad based, relevant public accounting/or corporate tax experience.
- Experience in big-4 public accounting firms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- Master’s in Taxation/or CPA/Member of the Bar
- Travel – own transportation required; be willing to travel to local client sites