Job Overview – Sales Tax Analyst
As a Sales Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and compliant assessment, reporting, and remittance of sales and use taxes. Working hand-in-hand with the Tax Director and Sales Tax Manager, your primary focus will be on maintaining a comprehensive understanding of tax regulations and effectively applying this knowledge to support your organization's tax compliance.
Compensation: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Hybrid – 3 days in office)
Responsibilities as the Sales Tax Analyst include:
- Execute sales tax compliance activities, including the preparation and submission of timely and accurate sales and use tax returns for multiple jurisdictions.
- Stay informed about state and local sales tax regulations, changes, and updates. Conduct research to interpret complex tax laws and determine their impact on the organization.
- Collect, analyze, and reconcile financial data to determine sales tax liability. Ensure data accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, data, and records required for sales tax audits. Collaborate with auditors and respond to inquiries to minimize potential liabilities.
Requirements for the Sales Tax Analyst Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of Indirect Tax Compliance Experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with sales and use tax preparation software, particularly SOVOS Tax Ware / GTD and SOVOS Tax Solver is required (Filing, is highly desirable).
Application Notice: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, Atlantic Group will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.