Compensation: $80 per hr.
Location: Oceanside, NY
The Emergency Room Registered Nurse will assess patients' clinical conditions while also recognizing, identifying, and interpreting serious situations while prioritizing and immediately deciding upon and taking proper action.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Initiate appropriate measures in emergency situations when the physician is not immediately available.
- Operate and monitor general and specialized emergency care equipment such as infusion pumps, pulse oximeters, ventilators, cardiac monitors and other specialized equipment.
- Administer therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician such as medications and IV therapy that alter hemodynamic status, respiratory therapy, mechanical ventilation, etc.
- Record observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered, and status or coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines.
- Document specific health care requirements for patients and prepares written assignments to individual team members; matching the skills and abilities of staff to the care requirements of patients.
- Plan and develop care delivery and implementation of the plan.
- Coordinate the documentation of care.
- Share responsibilities of sustaining adequate supplies and equipment as well as general upkeep of the unit and in preserving a safe environment.
- Required Certifications are BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.