Compensation: $40-50 per hr
Location: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
The Proposals Writer/Due Diligence Project Manager will support the sales and marketing process by leveraging firm-wide resources to craft standard DDQs, respond to formal RFPs/RFIs and respond to ad-hoc due diligence questions.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Interacting with functional areas across the company including but not limited to portfolio management, portfolio analysis and reporting, marketing representatives, client services representatives, accounting, compliance, legal and operations in order to complete marketing requests.
- Selecting, drafting or working with other departments to write accurate and consistent responses to routine or nuanced client and prospective client requests.
- Managing and preparing due diligence packages, including standard due diligence questionnaires and auxiliary documentation such as board lists, client representative lists and regulatory and compliance information.
- Participating in quality assurance reviews for peer work products.
- Ensuring the integrity of internally stored content databases.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to build efficiencies through process and technological improvements around routine based data related tasks.
- Understanding of all or a majority of the company's investment strategies and their relevant operating, performance and risk metrics.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Approximately 5 – 7 years of RFP experience within a finance, marketing or legal role, preferably within the investment management industry, or 2 – 3 years working at a law firm.
- Experience responding to RFP and/or client-related inquiries for firm and fund-specific information.
- Proven ability to prioritize high volumes of work from a multitude of sources while maintaining the highest quality standards; exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing skills: ability to craft thoughtful and compelling commentary.
- Articulate and creative communicator; ability to explain complex concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Passion for improving systems and processes.
- Ability to operate independently on short and long-term goals.
- The candidate must be highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to contribute and edit content for RFP responses.
- The candidate must be detail oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines.
- The candidate will be team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share the company's common goal of excellence.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.