Compensation: $70 per hr.
Location: Long Island, NY
Hospital is looking for a Pediatrics Registered Nurse, RN, to join its team. The primary responsibility of the Pediatric RN is to administer nursing care according to the patients' nursing care plan. This position works the night shift and every other weekend. Benefits package available.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assess the patient’s condition and nursing needs.
- Ensure that nursing care activities are coordinated with other health care disciplines involved in the treatment effort.
- Develop a written individualized care plan including teaching needs and discharge planning.
- Administer direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
- Administer medications.
- Practice infection control and participate in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Responsible for the delivery of nursing care to all assigned patients.
- Communicate changes in patient’s condition and questions regarding patient care to Clinician.
- Develop and maintain current written plan of care for assigned patients.
- Set priorities to meet the patient’s needs and goals.
- Provide documented evidence in the medical record of patient and record their responses.
- Ensure that patient education and instructions are consistent with that of the physician.
- Communicate and work effectively with other staff and departments.
- Participate in unit or hospital based quality assurance activities.
- Eligibility or possession of valid New York State RN License required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- 1 + year of experience working in acute care facility.
- Basic Life Support, BLS, certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support, PALS, certification required.
- Telemetry certification required.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.