Location: Brooklyn, NY
Registered Nurse (Multi-Specialty Clinic)
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- The Registered Nurse ensures the overall safety of patient care and incorporates the patient’s cultural background and values into methods of communication and service provisions.
- Performs both clinical and administrative functions, by providing high-quality patient care and direction for optimal unit operations.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient screenings; triage; pain management; falls prevention, nutritional and psychosocial, discharge planning, and other interventions to restore, maintain or promote patients’ physical health.
- Utilizes the nursing process in the provision of direct patient care.
- Assists all patients, families/significant others through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator.
- Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating, and coordinating all care provided to assigned patients.
- Executes medical plan of care, at the direction of the treating clinician, in accordance with licensure of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Utilizes nursing diagnoses to treat human responses to actual and potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of care supportive or to restorative life and well-being.
- Supervises patient care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Medical/Assistants/ Office Assistants (M.A.s/MOAs), and supplemental staff, as applicable to location.
- Supports patients’ self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including the primary care provider to the specialty care provider.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding a patient’s plan of care.
- Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation related to Patient-Centered Medical Home and performance improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the prior authorization process for clinical and pharmacy-related orders.
- Demonstrates the ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Current NY State RN License
- Phlebotomy experience
- 1 year of experience
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.