Location: Brooklyn, NY
Non-profit organization is looking to add to their team a Purchasing and Accounts Payable Manager who will oversee both functions in an integrated finance department that includes some outsourced accounts payable (AP) functions.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Train, supervise, evaluate and ensure success of two purchasing and accounts payable staff members.
- Build strong partnerships with finance staff and outsourced AP staff.
- Oversee the management of supplier/vendor product costs, quality and delivery performance.
- Continuously compare product prices and service quality to ensure best prices and value on purchased products/services.
- Oversee the agency-wide processing of invoices.
- Review check registry and authorize payments to manage cash flow.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of financial transaction flows.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policy, and procedures.
- Ability to manage workflow and/or business cycle productivity.
- Ability to plan, organize, assign, prioritize, evaluate, and supervise the work of subordinate employees performing the same or similar work.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop tactical plans, and sets priorities.
- Ability to solve technical and non-technical accounting problems related to AP.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.