Compensation: $100,000-$120,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Well-known and respected full-service commercial real estate company is seeking a Property Controller. This opportunity would allow the new hire to see all facets of the business, reporting directly to the Director of Finance/CFO.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Preparing monthly management reports, work papers, lender and partner compliance reporting – including monthly journal entries, and bank reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly variance reports.
- Managing accounts payable.
- Approving and posting cash receipts.
- Calculating and posting monthly management fee.
- Analyzing monthly cash flow, preparing cash projections, and quarterly distributions.
- Working closely with the property management team on development project budgets and change orders.
- Overseeing monthly sales tax and quarterly commercial rent tax.
- Preparing and overseeing annual TC201 and RPIE filings.
- Preparing annual budgets and forecasted income.
- Calculating monthly OpEx and RE Tax Escalation, as well as annual reconciliations.
- Preparing year-end audit/tax packages and collaborating with external auditors.
- Working closely with the property managers and lenders to assist with any tenant-related matters.
- Preparing special ad-hoc analyses/projects, as required by the internal investment owners and lenders
- Minimum of 5+ years of commercial building real estate accounting experience.
- Public accounting audit experience is a plus.
- CPA is a plus.
- Commercial Real estate management industry knowledge.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Effective communicator with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Yardi is strongly preferred.
- Degree in Accounting.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.