- Uphold budget information, budget obtainability and payment data for permitted budgets and associated loan budgets
- Track consulting and construction contracts, containing change orders and re-allocations to preserve the correct Current Budget and Commitment values
- Manage open purchase orders / commitments
- Ensure contractor requisitions and project invoices are correctly coded and allocated
- Prepare wire transfers to external vendors, related parties and intercompany entities
- Prepare monthly loan requisitions and capital calls, as necessary
- Routine reports, mainly the monthly Control Sheet and region package for the corporate office
- Monthly debt reporting and analysis required for any refinancing and/or building appraisals
- Quarterly forecasts, invoicing of operating expenses recoveries, C.P.I. adjustments and security deposit transactions
- Assist with annual budgeting process, detailed variance analysis, and balance sheet analysis
- General Ledger (GL) ownership
- Convert accounting basis to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- GL account reconciliations
- Record adjusting journal entries: accruals, prepayment relief, etc.
- Bank reconciliations, Equity reconciliations, Financial statement preparation, Joint Venture (JV) reporting, as necessary, Variance analysis
- Ensure invoices are recorded correctly in the relevant software applications
- Maintain and understand various accounting bases: cash, accrual and IFRS
- Work with the regional property accounting team and other accounting teams, as necessary
- Prepare detailed year-end reconciliations, analyses and working papers.
- Provide supporting documentation and assistance to internal / external auditors, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA or CPA preferred (or passed part(s) of the CPA exam)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), specifically, real estate
- Minimum five years of public accounting and /or Real Estate Development or Construction financial accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word; Experience with ERP systems (YARDI, SAP, MRI etc) and implementing software applications a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.