Our client, a community healthcare center, is looking to add a Patient Services Representative to their team. They are a leader in both primary and specialty care services to the Philadelphia community. In order to be considered, we’re looking for a minimum of 1 year experience working in a healthcare environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability work in a high volume, fast paced environment while continuing to provide a positive experience to our community.
- Informs patient prior to visit about the fee assessment process or co-pays and their responsibility.
- Performs patient pre-registration function and runs eligibility reports to determine insurance coverage. Verifies third-party insurance coverage via on-line verification or telephone.
- Schedules appointments in the EMR System.
- Handles and processes a high volume of phone calls (70-80 a day)
- Places calls to patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Contact patients who have missed their appointments, ascertain why and reschedule if necessary
- Facilitates scheduling referral appointments for patients if needed.
- Assist with scheduling activities to support improving patient access including no show reports and care gap reports
- Makes change and issues a receipt to the patient
- Registers and updates patient, emergency contact, financial and insurance information
- Performs other duties as needed
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Diploma in Medical Office Management desirable
- Certification in Medical Office Management desirable
- Minimum of one years experience in data entry, registration, and customer services in a medical setting
- Must adhere to confidentiality of patient health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.