Compensation: $70,000-$100,000 + bonus
Location: Chicago, IL
Investment company is looking to add an Operations Specialist to its operations team of three. This position will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities for the firm’s back and middle office. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to build a well-rounded skillset.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Process new account set up in various systems.
- Process cash flows, in-kind transfers, and open new countries for trading, and security set-up.
- Oversee trade matching and settlement process for all instruments.
- Research and resolve trade settlement issues working with custodians and brokers.
- Complete daily and month-end reconciliation deliverables to support client reporting requirements.
- Meet and exceed deadlines with a focus on continual process improvement.
- Oversee both voluntary and mandatory corporate action processing.
- Communicate with the portfolio management team and service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance required.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in financial services required.
- 2 + years experience in operational support, domestic and international equity strategies, emerging markets, and FX required.
- Experience working in the investment management industry preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with account reconciliation, trade settlements and client reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Eagle technology, Charles River IMS software, and DTCC products preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, emphasis on macros and formulas, required.
- Knowledge of SWIFT transaction messaging preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.