Compensation: $24 – $30/hr.
Location: Jersey City
This is a long-term temporary position with potential to move to permanent. The Operations Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate settlement of FX trades executed through various platforms.
- Ensure timely settlement of trades executed through various trading desks and platforms
- Ensure accurate settlement of trades per Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI) provided by clients and counterparties
- Verify FX transaction instructions to be released on value date
- Escalate trade discrepancies to trade initiation and management team, when appropriate
- Accurately and timely settle transactions in the bilateral netting system
- Monitor and respond to queries in the FX OFAC queue
- Validate currency settlements instructions for custody, third party and inter-bank counterparties
- BS/BA degree
- 6 to 12 months FX Operations, Derivatives or related Financial Services experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proactive approach to daily work and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- MS Office proficiency required, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
- Strong understanding of company's core systems
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.