Job Type:Long term temp position
Schedule: Hybrid: Monday and Friday are remote, Tuesday through Thursday schedule: 12 PM to 8 PM in person
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Our client is seeking a Social Worker for one of their programs. It offers an alternative to jail, providing pretrial supervision, case management, and voluntary social services to people charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Complete intakes and administer risk and needs' assessment tools to participants admitted to the Program;
- Assist with crisis management and intervention;
- Provide comprehensive, clinically-informed case management services to high-need participants to help address such issues as substance abuse, mental health, trauma, domestic violence, and housing; this may include communication with clients on nights and weekends;
- Perform voluntary individual counseling sessions as needed;
- Facilitate group sessions for high-risk/need program participants;
- Conduct outreach to collateral sources as needed to provide supervision and court monitoring;
- Communicate with community-based service providers to facilitate, follow up and assist participants with voluntary service referrals;
- Complete all necessary documentation and input data into the computer database;
- Monitor and report compliance to court stakeholders and work with defense and district attorneys to bring program participants into compliance as needed;
- Attend staff meetings and ongoing training as well as participate in community events;
- Assist program staff with the development and implementation of on-site programming that is responsive to participants’ needs;
- Develop partnerships and liaise with community-based service providers to facilitate programming and compliance for program participants;
- Assist with data collection;
- Assist with other programming as needed.
- Will be an LMSW or have an equivalent master’s level counseling degree plus 3 years of relevant combined professional and/or life experience, including at least 2 years of post-MSW experience working with high-risk populations;
- Is preferably SIFI certified;
- Must have excellent writing skills;
- Must be a skilled communicator able to work in a multi-disciplinary setting and maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations both onsite and in the community;
- Will have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a culturally-competent manner;
- Will have prior experience working with the criminal justice system and/or justice-involved communities;
- Will have specialized experience working with youth and young adults, individuals experiencing domestic violence, mental health issues, substance abuse, and/or homelessness;
- Will have prior supervisory experience;
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.