Compensation: $85,000-$110,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Multi-billion, credit-oriented investment manager is seeking an Associate to join its Middle Office team to help support its fast-growing Marketplace Lending strategy. The Middle Office Marketplace Lending Associate will work closely with other members of the operations team in support of various operational requirements for the firm.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review and summarize deal documents.
- Set up new deals in the system.
- Daily cash and position reconciliation with custodians and banks.
- Monitor daily account activity in bank accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from clients, counterparties, custodians, and administrators.
- Maintain accounting system and activity bookings.
- Review and reconcile marketplace lending platform transaction activity.
- Instruct wire movements.
- Perform month-end reconciliation and closing with the accounting team and fund administrator.
- Prepare various daily reports for use by operations and investment teams.
- General database reconciliation and updates.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience in financial operations or accounting roles at a bank, asset manager, or fund administrator.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of the functions and life-cycles of different investment products such as consumer loans, bonds, bank loans, swaps, options, and equities.
- Highly organized with a keen sense of accuracy.
- Attentive to details, analytical, precise, and able to handle time-sensitive situations with ease.
- Experience with database accounting systems, order management systems and reconciliation systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of marketplace lending platforms, Advent Geneva, Allvue Everest, or Indus Valley Partners (“IVP”) products is a plus.
- Prior fixed income operations / consumer lending (Buy or Sell-side) experience is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion