Location: Bronx, NY
The Mental Health Social Worker, provides targeted, selective, and universal services to students, their families, and school staff using various behavioral health methods, including individual, group and family therapy/ counseling, crisis intervention, workshops, staff consultations and trainings. These functions are performed under general supervision, necessitating the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Participates with interdisciplinary team members in developing and implementing program policies and procedures and preventing crises.
- Assesses the social and emotional needs of students.
- Provides direct counseling/social services to students referred by self, health team, faculty, administration, and other school ancillary staff.
- Tracks and follows up on all referrals made in and out of school.
- Establishes referral network/linkages with outside agencies for both students and parents.
- Engages with entire school community; participates and presents at PA meetings, teacher meetings, assemblies, etc.
- Serves as an advocate for patients’ rights within the clinic and serves as a mediator between parents, child, and school.
- Remains available for crisis intervention services as the need arises or arranges for such coverage by emergency social services.
- Records professional assessments, identifies problems, treatment plans and progress notes as required by NYS regulations and policies and procedures.
- Is competent to care for patients based upon the age groups treated.
- Ensures that all students, visitors, guests, as well as co-workers, receive personalized, prompt attention and are treated with receptiveness, dignity and respect, no matter how limited the contact.
- Implements philosophy and objectives of program.
- Comply with all privacy laws including HIPAA, etc.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Master’s Degree required in Social Work.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals, and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.