- Greets and directs all patients within the practice
- Obtaining patient demographic and verifying insurance information at each visit.
- Obtaining necessary patient information to meet current Federal guidelines and Meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records.
- Scanning pertinent patient information into EMR including patient authorizations, recent labs delivered by patient, etc.
- Obtaining patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance).
- Schedules any necessary appointments after completion of patient visit.
- Monitor and review patient schedules for next day office appointments.
- Identifying and resolving minor patient billing complaints.
- Assists in ordering, receiving and stocking of office supplies.
- Maintaining cleanliness of waiting room.
- Assists other Medical Receptionists and Medical Secretaries as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL- Fluent Spanish
- Entry Level- at least 1 year experience
- Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.