Location: New York, NY
Non-profit organization is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to provide nursing assistance and continuous primary medical care to patients. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment and passionate about helping those who need assistance. Benefits package available and great life-work balance.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assist the Head Nurse with necessary duties.
- Verify the identification and observe the behavior of patients to whom medication is provided.
- Adhere to all procedures referable to accounting for medication dispensed to patients.
- Maintain the medical charts, the medical unit appointment book and daily visit log book.
- Perform the appropriate nursing follow-up care of patients.
- Assist in the identification and recall of patients for follow-up medical and nursing care.
- Assist in the performance of admission and annual physical examinations.
- Provide the physician or physician assistant with urine toxicology and other laboratory data.
- Perform any and all tasks necessary to improve the quality of care.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKGs, immunizations, vital signs and assists in urine collection.
- Assist the physician or physician assistant in the performance of pelvic examinations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 + years of nursing experience preferred.
- Licensed Practical Nursing state certification required.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.