Location: Bronx, NY
The Atlantic Group is representing a Social Worker opportunity with a non-profit organization. The ideal candidate cares about empowering young adults to reach their full potential. This position has the option to be hybrid and receives union benefits. One day out of the week will be spent working out of the Soho location.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Provide short-term and long-term individual and group counseling to at risk adolescents using evidence-based modalities.
- Formulate appropriate treatment plans and psychosocial evaluations for each client seen and document each contact.
- Provide case coordination and crisis intervention to adolescents who may be victims of abuse.
- Coordinate with other providers including schools, juvenile justice, Administration for Children's Services, and foster care
- Develop and facilitate four innovative support groups.
- Coordinate mental health assessments and track outcomes of treatment.
- Facilitate mental health focused workshops and training for both young people and agency staff .
- Document service provision in data management system.
- License in Social Work or Psychology, LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, or LCAT required.
- 2 + years of clinical experience in adolescent development, mental health counseling and/or substance abuse treatment settings required.
- Ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Knowledge of social service systems and resources as they relate to urban youth population.
- Experience practicing innovative adolescent treatment modalities and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain interagency liaisons as a means of meeting client needs.
- Ability to conduct psychotherapy in Spanish and English is strongly preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.