Energetic, optimistic, resourceful, if these words describe you, consider joining our team in Norristown, PA! We are hiring for an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant to provide superstar level administrative support. Candidates should be highly organized, attentive to detail, and an adaptable team player, with strong computer skills and the ability to work well under pressure. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!
- Screen telephone calls and record messages.
- Perform new client intake in accordance with department requirements.
- Open, update and maintain client matters and documents in electronic case management and document management software per firm policies and procedures.
- Run conflict checks in case management software per firm policies and procedures.
- Create, organize, and maintain paper client files when requested.
- Draft, type, format, proofread and edit correspondence and legal documents.
- Photocopy, scan, file, fax, and mail documents.
- File electronic and paper legal documents with various courts.
- Review, process, save and disseminate incoming mail.
- Maintain attorney calendars with detail and accuracy, including court dates, scheduling client appointments, deadlines, and reminders per firm policies and procedures.
- Schedule court reporters and couriers.
- Record documents with the Recorder of Deeds.
- Record dictation.
- Prepare check requests for attorney reimbursements and client costs.
- Track and save attorney Visa transaction receipts.
- Handle attorney meeting and travel arrangements.
- Handle attorney annual registrations and dues.
- Handle attorney CLE submission to the state.
- Maintain attorney password and access information for various legal websites.
- Communicate with clients to provide assistance with non-legal inquiries.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
- Review final bills and send to client.
- Review files to be closed.
- Minimum 3 years law office experience.
- Minimum 3 years Litigation experience (municipal, land use, or environmental a plus.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Case Management, Document Management, Time and Billing Software
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, fax machines, and typewriters.
- Ability to open filing cabinet drawers and lift files up to 20 pounds (sometimes bending), and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.