Compensation: $35 per hr.
Location: New York, NY
Addiction treatment center is looking to add a Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Float to its team based in New York, NY. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with individuals who need assistance and possesses excellent communication skills. This position will require working some Saturdays and ends the work day at 2pm. Benefits package available!
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assist the Head Nurse in the performance of the Head Nurse’s duties.
- Verify the identification and observe the behavior of patients to whom medication was provided.
- Maintain accurate records of medication dispensed to patients and notify the Head Nurse immediately of any deviations.
- Maintain the medical charts, the medical unit appointment book and daily visit log book.
- Perform the appropriate independent nursing follow-up care of patients.
- Assist in the identification and recall of patients for follow-up medical and nursing care.
- Monitor urine toxicology of patients when deemed necessary.
- Assist in the performance of admission and annual physical examinations.
- Provide the physician with urine toxicology and other laboratory data.
- Attend at least ten medical meetings annually.
- Perform any tasks necessary to improve the quality of care, the productivity of medical staff, and patient satisfaction.
- Enhance reimbursement and reduce denials for services rendered.
- Perform phlebotomy, EKGs, immunizations, vital signs and assists in urine collection.
- Assist the physician or physician assistant in the performance of pelvic examinations.
- New York LPN state license required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 + years of nursing experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of electronic medical records required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.