We are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Family Law division. Our client is a well respected mid-sized general practice law firm. In order to be considered, you do need to have at least 10 years of recent experience within Family Law. Our ideal candidate will have some staff management experience as well. This is a full time role that offers a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent place to work!
- Types general correspondence, memoranda and complex legal documents.
- Proofreads documents and checks for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Maintains attorney(s’) appointment calendar.
- Coordinates all client related travel.
- Maintains files in an efficient and effective manner.
- Prepares and updates attorney case lists.
- Receive, open, prioritize and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare materials for distribution via U.S. mail, fax, courier, messenger, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information in accordance with the firm policies.
- Interacts professionally with clients, attorneys, paralegals, secretaries, all other staff and other representatives outside of the firm.
- Ability to handle pressure, interruptions and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Family Law
- Prior management experience preferred
- Experience working with a Case Management Program
- High School Diploma Required
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.