Compensation: $115,000-$140,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Investment Management Company is seeking a junior portfolio analyst that would report to and support the quantitative trading desk analyst in charge of risk management. In this role, the junior analyst would be responsible for integrating into the firm’s portfolio and risk environment.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Producing intraday and end-of-day risk and PnL Reports.
- Addressing ad hoc requests and analyses by leveraging a broad range of tools including Bloomberg desktop API, and statistical software.
- Cleaning and maintaining an accurate record of the firm’s proprietary and historical data.
- Accurately measuring financial risk from a broad range of products.
- Interfacing with the trading desk, portfolio managers, analysts, accounting department, and development team to ensure that the firm’s risk is appropriately presented.
- 1-2 years of experience at a financial institution or in a role supporting a financial institution.
- Strong Excel skills / Familiarity with VBA preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and basic database operations (select, group by, subqueries, and pseudonymous tables).
- Strong Bloomberg Desktop API skills.
- Broad asset class knowledge / demonstrated interest in finance.
- Progress towards CFA strongly considered.
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Hard-worker / team-player.
- Ability to take direction well.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.