Location: New York, NY
Investment Service Firm is seeking a Junior Accountant to join their Accounting Team. This person will assist with all Accounting efforts providing both administrative and financial support services. The Junior Accountant will provide an opportunity to work closely with other departments and team members, with room for upward mobility and professional growth.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Complete daily bank deposits and cash application.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Complete financial statement review on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Complete Year End close-out.
- Manage cash flow.
- Create and maintain ongoing company budgets as required.
- Other duties as required (e.g. data entry, maintaining various spreadsheets, etc.)
- Invoice clients and track project progress to ensure accurate billing.
- Spearhead all collections.
- Establish new customer accounts and run credit reports.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and W-9 verification for new vendors.
- Complete weekly Accounts Payable check run and monitor when invoices are due.
- Process employee expense reports and handle reimbursements.
- BA in accounting, finance, or any related field.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.