Compensation: $100,000-$130,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Capital Manager seeking a talented and driven Information Technology (IT) Associate to join the Audit Services team. The IT Audit Associate will work collaboratively with the Audit Services team to complete IT, operational, and integrated audit assignments. The IT Associate will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (“IIA”) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (“Standards”). This is a hybrid role.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assist in identifying and evaluating the organization’s auditable entities and provides input to the development of the risk-based annual technology internal audit plan.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining risks/controls, developing criteria, reviewing, and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, review documentation, compose summary memos, and prepare work papers.
- Identify, develop, and document audit observations/deficiencies and recommendations for improving controls using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to management.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Represents Audit Services on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance, or information systems.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in internal or external auditing of technology systems and processes.
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and experience performing compliance and assessment activities.
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred.
- Professional designations such as CISA, CISM, or CISSP, are preferred.
- Experience performing process walkthroughs, preparing process narratives/flows, creating test plans, executing control testing, and drafting audit reports.
- Experience auditing IT general controls (access security, change management, operations), Cybersecurity, Disaster Recovery, System Development Lifecycle, and Data Center activities.
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL databases, and network infrastructure (firewalls, data backup).
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare workpapers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills, professionalism, and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious team-oriented working relationships with co-workers and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Knowledge of the IIA Standards and Code of Ethics and skill in applying IT internal auditing.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control, and control frameworks.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.