Compensation: $100,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Investment Operations Associate/Sr Associate will work with the Investment Operations team to provide trade and operational support to over 40 different Lines of Business. The Investment Operations team creates significant value across the Firm’s investment strategies and infrastructure functions by providing data analysis, reporting, and by developing solutions to complex operational hurdles to allow the business to achieve its goals.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Maintain the entire lifecycle of products traded across the MBS trading desks. Products include MBS, mortgage whole loans (RPLs and NPLs), US Treasuries, equities, financing arrangements (repo, bespoke facilities), and derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Futures, Credit Default Swaps, Swaptions, FX Forwards, etc.).
- Working with the trading desks and third parties to close unique deals. These include mortgage securitizations, resecuritizations, CDOs, and other bespoke financing facilities.
- Working with fund administrators, prime brokers, and counterparties to perform critical reconciliations.
- Work with the Investment Operations and Business Optimization teams on various projects aimed to automate/improve current processes.
- Liaise daily with the trading desks to assist with all ad-hoc requests, including P&L analysis, liquidity analysis, etc.
- Document non-standard trades, allocation errors, and participations for the firm’s allocation committee.
- Create standard fund allocations and hedge allocations.
- Maintain meta and financial data in our Data Warehouse Management system and build Data Warehouse reporting leveraging this information.
- Ad-hoc project ownership.
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly checks and assist in the development of new checks to manage operational risk.
- 4-6 years of relevant middle or back office experience.
- B.S. or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Experience working with the various financial products described previously in a middle/back office capacity.
- Technical skills: MS Excel, and other MS Office programs.
- Useful technical skills: programming languages (Python, VBA, SQL), Visual Portfolio Manager, Bloomberg terminal.
- Familiarity with accounting concepts. Experience with SPV structures.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.