Location: New York, NY
International asset management firm is seeking a Human Resource Associate who will provide general administrative support to the HR function.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Handle requests and coordinate escalation of issues to the HR Manager & Generalist as required.
- Participate in full cycle recruiting process including editing/writing job descriptions, posting jobs externally, interacting with headhunters, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and booking conference rooms.
- Catalog resumes and candidate employment applications.
- Prepare offer letters, bonus letters, and other HR documents.
- Ensure background checks/reference checks are completed.
- Prepare, collect and enter documentation into appropriate systems for new employees.
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Maintain calendars of the HR team.
- Assist in executing activities to develop and improve morale and team building.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to facilitate training classes.
- Develop and maintain required headcount, vacancy, and other reports that assist in making appropriate business decisions.
- Take direction on organizational realignment planning to ensure accurate and current organizational charts.
- Provide administrative support including processing bills and making changes to benefits coverage and addresses.
- Maintain current HR files and offsite documentation storage process.
- Prepare governmental filings such as EEO-1, ACA 1094/1095 tax filings, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
- Assist with the annual benefits enrollment process.
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations.
- Ad hoc projects as necessary.
- BA in either human resources or business management.
- 2-3 years of human resource experience preferably working for a finance firm.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be proactive.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player who interacts easily and is constructive with colleagues in a global working environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word and ADP.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.