Compensation: $115,000-$125,000 + bonus
Location: Miami, FL
One of the oldest hedge funds in the world is looking for an Operations Manager. This role will be supporting a few different groups, but many of them do loans/credit. This position will offer exposure to various markets and the opportunity to work between several teams globally in the firm as well as directly with portfolio managers and our Prime Brokers.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Handle complete trade life cycle for a number of key products including US Treasuries and corporate bonds, mortgage securities, foreign government and corporate bonds
- Manage settlements both internally and at Prime Brokers with an awareness of time-sensitive deadlines
- Daily liaison with custodian banks, counterparties, and other internal divisions with regards to trade confirmation, fails, corporate actions, and other related queries
- Cash/Positions/Trade activity reconciliations – daily resolution of assigned breaks
- Monthly P&I processing and resolution of issues versus agent banks
- Experience with both agency and non-agency mortgage-backed securities is strongly desired including TBAs, stipulated TBAs, pools, CMOs, and CMBS.
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline (finance, economics, accounting, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with PM’s and brokers
- Five to seven years of experience at a financial services firm
- Proficiency with Excel
- Well- organized, detail- oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.