Human Resources (HR) Director
Location: Staten Island, NY
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
The HR MANAGER will serve as a senior-level manager to develop, coordinate, implement, and oversee a broad range of professional human resource initiatives.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all functions of Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits.
- Process biweekly Payroll.
- Develop consistent, clear, and cohesive HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Review and modify policies and procedures utilizing best practices in order to maintain compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources in order to implement improvements to practices and efficiency tools for the Human Resources/Payroll department when necessary.
- Develop and administer effective staffing, recruitment and employee relations programs.
- Provide job descriptions and performance appraisal tools for all new and existing employees.
- Oversee the processing of all new employee applications, personnel attendance, personnel record tracking.
- Assist in oversight and handling of labor-management issues while acting in the best interests of CASC when interfacing with staff.
- Maintain and update the employee handbook.
- Represent CASC in legal actions, worker’s compensation, and unemployment hearings. Coordinate grievance panels, hearings, and investigations.
- Process workers’ compensation and disability claims.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Comptroller.
- Proposes, publishes and administers personnel policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3+ years of HR Generalist experience with increasing responsibilities.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a payroll position.
- 1-3 years’ experience with labor unions and collective bargaining agreements (preferred)
- ADP Workforce Now experience essential.
- Salary Range: