Location: New York, NY
Fast-growing company is looking to hire ambitious and talented people to join our global People Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced energetic company. The company is seeking a dynamic, high-caliber Payroll Specialist, based in the New York City office. You will be a part of the global People Team and partner with our leaders to help the business meet its short-term as well as long-term strategic goals.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Review and approve all payroll-related transactions.
- Ensure timely filings with appropriate government authorities
- Manage and audit year-end payroll activities globally.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to ensure payroll-related transactions are reconciled and recorded appropriately in the general ledger timely.
- Establish standard procedures for payroll processing, ensuring strong internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to employees and internal partners, resolving issues timely and providing guidance on compliance-related issues.
- 5+ years of US/Global payroll experience
- Global Payroll 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience with ADP Run, ADP Workforce Now, UKG, and/or other payroll systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- CPP preferred
- Potential for strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.