Compensation: $140,000-$160,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Private Equity Firm is looking to hire a Manager of Funds Management who will be focusing on the Firm's hybrid funds with exposure to other areas as well and replacing someone who moved to a different group.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Coordinate with the investment team, legal/tax counsel, and middle office operations team to plan and execute fund and deal closings including legal entity structuring.
- Assist with the formation process for all new entities and prepare the documentation needed for internal Legal Entity approval, coordinate the establishment of tax documentation (W8, W9) for all entities.
- Monitor legal compliance with various fund agreements and side letter arrangements.
- Preparation of Economic Net Income models and gathering all necessary data needed for models from the deal team.
- Detailed review of quarterly fund closes based on data received from the Third-Party Administrator (“TPA”), which includes a review of related support for all balance sheet and income statement accounts, consolidation templates, and financial footnote support.
- Review of accrued and realized carry calculations from the TPA.
- Review of capital allocations and capital statements prepared by TPA.
- Coordinate interim and year-end audit requests and address questions from external auditors including coordination for SOX and SOC1 testing.
- Manage the monthly working capital review and quarterly billing of expense reimbursements and management fees with Corporate Accounting.
- Review and approve expense allocations and invoice payments.
- Oversight of external tax team.
- Facilitate mid-year planning discussions with Corporate Accounting and External CPAs.
- Coordination with the Corporate tax team on deliverables, and considerations for new and liquidating CLOs.
- Minimum of 6 plus years of experience either in structured credit or public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required.
- CPA required.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP with an emphasis on accounting for investment funds.
- Knowledge of CLOs or Structured Finance is a plus.
- Highly motivated; Self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- An innovative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a hands-on management style.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to own and see projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.