Compensation: $130,000-$160,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Fund Controller will be accountable for all aspects of fund accounting and financial reporting for the asset management side of the business. The Fund Controller must be capable of owning a project from inception to completion and being a reliable source of accurate information, clearly communicated to the members of the team.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Responsible for the preparation of month-end and quarterly accounting records including trial balances, allocations, expense accruals, management fees, and capital activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statements and timely completion of the audit of the fund(s).
- Cash management of funds including cash distributions, capital calls, and wire processes.
- Prepare capital calls and perform reasonableness and analytical reviews.
- Prepare waterfall calculations and distributions.
- Responsible for fund expense payments, deal closings, and credit facility management.
- Review valuation memos and report to Management.
- Work with internal and external tax counsel on investor tax reporting and investment structuring.
- Complete ad hoc and special projects and initiatives as directed.
- 6-10 years of experience in public/private from Private Equity or Hedge Fund.
- Undergraduate accounting degree with exceptional academic credentials.
- Strong U.S. GAAP and technical accounting expertise (CPA or equivalent required).
- Private Equity Style Closed-end investment company experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines with great attention to detail.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.