Location: New York, NY
Global investment firm is seeking an exceptional Fund Accountant to join its Alternative Investments Accounting Team. Reporting to the Fund Controllers, this person will join a highly collaborative team and assist the Fund Controllers with completing the month end financial close process, preparing monthly financial statements, overseeing the fund administrator, assisting in year-end audits, and performing other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund’s NAV including working with an external fund administrator when necessary.
- Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors.
- Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions.
- Prepare month-end investor statements.
- Monitor expense budgets and accruals.
- Understand and be able to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
- Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation.
- Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures.
- Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, operations, analysts, and legal.
- BS/BA required.
- 2-4 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience in financial services.
- CPA Strongly Preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Exposure to investment companies such as hedge funds, private equity funds, mutual funds, CLOs, or similar accounting.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.