Accounting professionals, we are hiring in Philadelphia, PA. The Fiscal Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance of the Corporation’s general ledger, accounting work papers, and assist with the year-end audit and the semi-annual budgeting process.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare month end close entries and analysis.
- Assist with coordination and management of month end close.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist in the review process of journal entries prepared by staff.
- Produce monthly financial reporting for Senior Management utilizing PeopleSoft NVision report generator and layouts.
- Assist with the budget preparation process which includes salary detail schedules for 600+ employees, issue budget worksheets to management containing prior year results, and perform allocations of shared costs across departments.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements and schedules for audited financial statements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum Accounting experience.
- Proficient knowledge of automated accounting systems.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with Report / Query writing and debugging interfaces a big plus
- PeopleSoft experience a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.