Compensation: $40 – $60/hour
Location: Stamford, CT
This position in the Financial Reporting Department is concentrated within Corporate Accounting and is focused on supporting domestic and international accounting operations, centralized processes, and various reporting, including regulatory filings, financial statements, and internal requests.
This hybrid role allows for 2-3 days in the office and is a temp-to-hire position. If the candidate successfully completes the temporary role and meets the expectations for job performance, they may be considered for a full-time position with the company.
As a Financial Reporting Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the monthly close process for multiple corporate entities (both domestic and international) by working with a service provider to complete tasks such as preparing journal entries, performing reconciliations, and reviewing trial balances and supporting schedules
- Assisting with daily regulatory cash and capital monitoring by coordinating with a service provider and multiple internal departments
- Participating in the preparation and review of annual corporate financial statements
- Performing detailed financial statement reviews, tie-outs to supporting work papers, and provide value added comments
- Preparing various reporting packages including regulatory, management, and compliance reporting
- Liaising with internal resources (Investor Relations, Middle Office, Cash Management etc.), corporate service providers and external auditors
- Assisting in preparing periodic regulatory filings and surveys including FCA, BEA, and UK National Statistics filings
- Enhancing, automate and streamline work processes
To be considered for the Financial Reporting Accountant role, you should have:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in corporate accounting, preferably in the financial services industry (hedge funds or asset management)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Strong understanding of business and US GAAP accounting principles
- Understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS, a plus
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office); proficiency with excel spreadsheets (e.g., working with large data files, pivot tables and preparing summary schedules for presentations)
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with a talented team in a fast-paced environment
- Chance to make a real impact on the company's success
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, Atlantic Group will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.