Compensation: $85,000-$110,000 + bonus
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the corporate budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning processes as well as ad-hoc strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for using their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relating it to potential business trends and issues. This role will report to the Director of FP&A.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance to make recommendations on profit enhancement.
- Consistently analyze financial information based on both routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Assist with the annual Budget and Forecasting processes.
- Interpret financial data to recognize changing trends, patterns, and their meaning related to key performance indicators.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Develop and manage model calculating Channel, Category, and sku P&L’s.
- Create, maintain and review financial models and analyses (both recurring and ad-hoc).
- Contribute to the month-end close process.
- Communicate financial insights suggesting business issues to management.
- Interacts with the business unit leaders for managing objectives, goals and performance.
- Assist in due diligence, valuation and other relevant analyses for potential M&A, investment and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of executive and board presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years' financial analysis and modeling experience.
- Retail/CPG experience is preferred.
- Full P&L Experience.
- Comfort with working with large data sets and streamlining data to actionable conclusions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, array of formulas, work with large sums of data, modeling).
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients, and others as required for the job.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.