Compensation: $100,000-$115,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Leading diversified capital management company is looking to add a Financial Accounting Associate to the team. The Financial Accounting Associate will be responsible for assisting with daily cash balancing, the monthly book close, and financial reporting. This role provides exposure to mortgage-backed securities, residential loans, and mortgage servicing rights as well as various related financing and hedging products.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare various account analyses and reconciliations on a daily and monthly basis
- Perform month-end closes including the preparation of portfolio detail to record journal entries
- Explain Balance Sheet and Income Statement fluctuations
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, by the CFO or other members of the Finance Department
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare interim and year-end audit schedules, and assist the auditors with their inquiries
- Prepare management and regulatory reports
- Support cross-functional company initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a fast-paced organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a time-sensitive, deadline driven environment
- Advanced Excel skills; NetSuite experience a plus; experience in programming languages such as PowerPivot, SQL, C++, Python, etc. a plus
- Relevant product knowledge is preferred (e.g. Mortgage Backed Securities)
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.