Compensation: $120,000-$165,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Global team of alternative investment managers with more than 30 years of experience is seeking a Finance Professional – Credit Controller to join the team. The firm is seeking a talented and dedicated Finance Professional – Credit Controller with the ability to be part of a versatile team and a strong desire to learn and develop in their career.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Lead month-end close process, including completing a NAV package with all the relevant supporting documentation, calculating performance figures, and assisting with corporate and regulation S-X reporting.
- Review quarterly SEC filings (10Q/10K) and financial statements.
- Work on various models and review expenses analysis and other projections.
- Lead discussions with various vendors and third-party providers of services including sub-administrators, custodians, transfer agents, and valuation firms.
- Identify and analyze daily cash activity for various fund entities and coordinate with the administrator and the deal team for activities.
- Verify portfolio pricing to internal model and third-party sources.
- Supervise third-party valuation firms on the quarterly valuation process.
- Assist the Senior Controllers and CFO with special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- CPA preferred.
- A mix of Private and Public accounting experience is preferred.
- College degree with a competitive GPA and demonstrated math or analytical ability.
- 4-8 years of relevant (portfolio and partnership accounting) work experience.
- Previous Public/Private Fund/ CLOs/Credit Hedge Fund/Financial Services experience is a plus.
- Previous experience evaluating process controls, procedures, and flows.
- Previous experience with the valuation of illiquid and liquid assets.
- Ability to take initiative and be accountable for running a process to a conclusion.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to synthesize and see the big picture.
- Ability to juggle more than one project at a time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Altyrex, Anaplan or Power BI is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.