Compensation: $175,000-$225,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Family Office Finance Director position provides services to an Alternative Investment Firm Executive. In addition, the Finance Director supports a private operating foundation. This position also provides traditional family office services to the Principal, colleagues, and their families. These services include – personal financial reporting, cash management, tax/estate planning, support of philanthropic giving/efforts, and other support as needed.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Work on strategic initiatives and long-term planning.
- Oversee and coordinate all accounting, operational, legal, and administrative needs for personal investments; private investments, charities, and future potential investments.
- Oversee accounting, tax, and administrative details related to charitable efforts.
- Provide compliance advice to ensure organizations maintain not-for-profit status.
- Oversee payroll administration for employees, review expenses, benefits, and payroll tax.
- Direct ad-hoc projects and onboard future investments, including opening new bank accounts, formation of new entities, and corresponding with various financial institutions, vendors, legal counsel, and finance/tax teams.
- Reconcile and maintain detailed accounting records for personal and corporate entities.
- Create a recurring comprehensive and customized financial reporting package including an inventory of assets.
- Manage accounts payable, review travel and expenses, and manage vendor relationships.
- Generate customized reporting packages for budgets, charitable contributions, gifts, and pledges.
- Maintain insurance policies for all legal entities.
- Assist with financial reporting for certain family trusts.
- 8 to 12 years of experience in Finance from a Family Office.
- CPA is highly desired.
- Some tax background is preferred.
- Discrete, independent, strategic.
- Critical thinker.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.