Vice President (VP) / Director Transactions (in-person)
Compensation: 150,000 – 200,000
Location: New York, NY
The Atlantic Group is representing an established $3 billion private equity firm that invests in lower middle market operating companies primarily in North America. The firm targets four key sectors: Industrial Products, Industrial Services, Building Services, and Business Services.
The firm is in growth mode and looking to build out a new group which will sit between the front office and middle office. They are seeking a VP/Director-level candidate to lead the team.
- Assist with buy-side/sell-side accounting-focused diligence
- Develop a transaction diligence checklist/program, including diligence review procedures and SOPs
- Deliver accounting diligence assessment (akin to peer review process) to Investment Team for buy-side/sell-side transaction
- Quality of Earnings (QoE) report
- EBITDA build-up, including proforma adjustments
- Identify one-time, non-recurring items
- Identify accounting irregularities or stress points based on financial metrics
- Tie EBITDA to cash, including cash proof of revenue and expense
- Perform comp analysis for the sector
- Manage diligence process performed by 3rd party advisors, accountants, etc.
- Assemble projection and LBO valuation models in working with deal teams
- Develop a program and standard templates that they can use consistently across the platform and as a training guide for the Transactions group
- Review of accounting policies and key process maps. Very heavy accounting-focused diligence required
- Review accounting positions, new accounting pronouncements, and impact on the buy-side/sell-side transaction, if any
- Financial statement reviews
- Financial ratios/smell test (liquidity, leverage, efficiency, profitability, etc.)
- Working capital trend analysis
- Significant accounting policies, including revenue recognition principles
- Cashflow statement review
- Contingent liabilities/off-balance
- 8-15 years of experience in Big 4 advisory
- Real Assets/Infra experience is a plus
- Ideal candidate is someone who started out in Audit and moved to the advisory practice
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.