Compensation: $130,000-$200,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY Stamford, CT
Private Equity firm is seeking an Accounting Policy & External Reporting Director to support the accounting team. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and ensure the firm’s accounting policies are well documented and applied consistently. The ideal candidate is willing to travel one day a week to the firm’s Stamford, CT office.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare and maintain footnote disclosures to support quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Perform initial and ongoing consolidation analyses for partnerships, general partner and management company entities.
- Conduct technical accounting research and apply applicable accounting standards.
- Ensure that the firm’s interpretation and application of accounting standards is supported by documentation.
- Lead the firm’s implementation of new accounting standards by evaluating the impact of new and emerging accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- 10 + years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 6 years in public accounting required.
- Experience working in Big four national office or SEC services preferred.
- CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP preferred.
- Experience with SEC reporting and audit of SEC registrants required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Workday.
- Alternative asset management or financial services experience preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.