We are supporting the hiring needs for an experienced Detailer! This individual should be confident with routine, to moderately complex, drafting and detailing in order to produce accurate drawings and plans necessary for the fabrication and placement of reinforcing steel bars and related accessories in accordance with customer contract documents, industry standards and/or established practices and procedures. The Detailer will also review instructions and direction from the Chief Detailer, Detailer team leaders, or Engineering Manager. If you are familiar with these qualifications, please do not hesitate to apply! This is a temporary to hire role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare a simple to moderately complex placing plans or structural components using customer structural and architectural drawings and specifications.
- Incorporate elevations, sections, plans, bending details, placing lists and material lists in a clear and concise manner that can be easily read and interpreted by project customer, engineer or architect.
- Perform and record various mathematical calculations and equations using charts, graphs, hand-held calculators, and conventional and CAD system computer software programs.
- Create bar lists and orders for accessory items in accordance with the project pour sequence and schedule. Prepare run-in orders to accommodate customer requests, revisions or errors.
- Coordinate project-detailing activities with fabrication department personnel to insure on-time delivery to customer site locations in accordance with project delivery schedule and contract specifications.
- Communicate with customer regarding project details involving detailing, fabrication and delivery issues. Answer customer questions related to assigned projects and resolve any problems that may occur.
- Coordinate the preparation of project placing plans in accordance with customer schedule and/or contract requirements and forward for approval(s).
- Make revisions to placing plans and drawings at the request of project customer, contractor, engineer, architect, or department supervisor and follow up to obtain needed information or to resolve discrepancies in plan sections, dimensions, etc. Update approval drawings, investigate and incorporate customer/architect/engineer notations, and return to customer.
- On occasion travel to customer job site to resolve or assist others in resolving placing problems, obtain information, and to investigate claims involving company detailing services or fabricated products.
- Initiate and route customer change forms to document project requests, revisions, errors, or omissions, or any new orders that are not part of the original customer contract.
- Maintain project files, to include release logs, contract control codes, weights, and release numbers as well as the project submittal log containing drawing numbers, alpha codes and submittal dates. Back up and maintain computer files.
- Interface with accounting, sales, and fabrication personnel to monitor job progress and to provide clarification, or to resolve discrepancies.
- Utilize computer microstation and “aSa” computer aided design (CAD) detailing software to create placing plans, or generate plans manually by using tracing or cut and paste detailing techniques.
- Provide accounting section routine detailing project information to compile 50% and 75% project completion reviews.
- Take and rely message to other detailers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education or technical education in related field valued but not required
- Strong math & analytical skills.
- Ability to read construction plans.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.