Do you have a passion for inspired designs? How about an innate eye for interior artistry? Our client is looking to add a passionate Design Assistant to their team! THIS ROLE IS 100%, 5 DAYS A WEEK ON SITE. With an immense amount of room for growth and the opportunity to work with high performing designers, you will have the ability to work on plans for new kitchens, bathrooms, offices, libraries, laundry rooms and media rooms for clients throughout New Jersey and beyond. All interested and creative individuals are encouraged to apply!
What you will do:
- Assist Senior and Junior Interior Designers throughout the design process with floor plans, elevations, and construction document sets.
- Prepare all CAD drawings to senior designer’s specifications.
- Price materials in a variety of cabinetry manufacturers check acknowledgements with designers.
- Research specifications, various materials, accessories and more.
- Preparing, managing, and maintaining all project binders, files, correspondence, drawings, etc.
- Ability to field and address client questions in a timely and accurate manner.
- General office tasks including filing, answering phones, etc.
- Open & close studio space in a timely manner.
- Meet and greet walk-in customers. Answer questions for customers, help our clients with selections.
- Other duties as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Strong interest in interior design and seeing your design come to life
- Knowledge of design principles & working knowledge of construction methods is helpful.
- Proficiency in 2020Design, AutoCAD or similar is helpful.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- High energy, passionate and customer service focused.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.