We’re working with a local community health center, located in Philadelphia, who is in need of a full time Dental Assistant. This role will assist the doctor and hygienist with providing services and assume responsibility for sterilization, preparation, and inventory control of dental instruments. We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Prepare operatory for patient treatment.
- Monitor and document Prosthetic laboratory cases plus corresponding invoices.
- Maintain the dental lab area including patient models and equipment.
- Serve as dentist’s or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant.
- Assist with dental charting during exam and explain treatment plans to the patient
- Perform independent procedures.
- Maintain equipment and operatory supplies, compiling a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Perform telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient care.
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients.
- Assist with giving oral instruction after any procedure such as extraction, fillings, and exams.
- Assist with making sure the patient has all necessary forms, such as referral forms, medical clearance forms and prescriptions.
- Travel when necessary to meet operational needs.
- High School Degree
- Graduation from a Dental Assisting training and current certification in Pennsylvania
- CPR Certification
- X-ray certification
- Minimum 2 years of dental assisting experience
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.