Compensation: $450,000-$500,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Established hedge fund seeks a strategic and driven Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”) with 10+ years of relevant asset management experience (hedge funds, PE, banks) to join its team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire Information Technology business unit with a unique opportunity to develop a team and formulate the firm’s long term strategic vision for its technology use.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Lead strategic direction and vision of the firm’s global technology platform, including trading, operations, and treasury front-to-back systems and data warehousing.
- Manage in-house team and outsourced infrastructure and development teams across the firm’s 5 regional locations.
- Coordinate infrastructure and development support across business functions including trading, operations, treasury, legal and compliance, and investor relations.
- Prepare for and attend investor meetings to present and answer questions on the firm’s technology platform.
- Vendor management, including cybersecurity, outsourced Managed Service Provider (MSP), outsourced development consultants, Disaster Recovery, and other technology tools across trading, operations, compliance, and investor relations.
- Documentation of all key processes, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 10+ years of experience at a relevant sized hedge fund, PE or bank
- Leadership and team management
- Strong understanding of the investment management industry and user requirements across all functions
- Prior experience of systems implementation, specifically trading tools and Order Management System / Portfolio Management System
- Technical ability across functions and up-to-date technical ability and industry contacts
Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership, team, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work both independently and as a team player.
- Self-starter, with a bias for action, requiring a minimum amount of direction, yet also good instincts and judgment regarding when to involve others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze situations to identify potential compliance and business risk; design and implement solutions to mitigate such risk.
- Ability to partner effectively with front and back office functions.
- Experience with typical hedge fund technology systems including PMS/OMS, compliance, treasury, operations, investor relation, and research.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.