Compensation: $175,000-$225,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Venture capital firm is seeking a Controller to join the Finance Team. The Controller will work closely with the Vice President of Finance across all accounting, finance, and operational areas including fund and management company accounting, reporting, tax compliance, reporting, and investor relations. The Controller will also work directly with the founding Partners to assist them with overseeing their individual diverse portfolios of financial interests, including accounting, reporting, and tax planning.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Assist with all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the firm.
- Assist with managing, coordinating, and overseeing the third-party fund administrator.
- Drive the annual valuation, audit, and tax reporting processes.
- Prepare capital allocations, capital calls, and distribution calculations, including carried interest calculations and management fee calculations.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements, investment activity, income, and expense accruals.
- Respond to investor requests and ad hoc queries for internal and external parties.
- Enhance internal processes related to financial reporting.
- Assist with tax planning and compliance including working with outside tax providers to coordinate K-1 preparation, tax filings, and tax estimates.
- Perform accounting, budgeting, cash flow management, and other financial analyses.
- Manage accounts payable and receivables.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of all current and emerging financial and tax reporting requirements relevant to fund and management company compliance.
- Develop reporting systems and processes for the founding Partners' portfolios of financial interests.
- Manage and interface with outside tax firms to assist with tax compliance.
- Drive efficient and effective income and estate tax planning by coordinating with accountants, tax advisors, and estate attorneys.
- Perform forecasting, reporting, and cash flow management.
- 6+ years of tax-related accounting experience, with a focus on partnerships, individuals, and/or tax planning.
- CPA, Public Accounting, or Public/Private tax candidate preferred.
- Fund accounting background with very solid fund tax/partnership tax experience.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.